Tuesday, November 10, 2009

He's Here!!

October 9th (my c-section date) came too fast. I was so nervous, because I didn't know what to expect. I knew how the c-section would go, but I never had one scheduled before so I didn't know how that would go. It actually was the easiest birth I had (minus the stress leading up to it and during). I got there, got settled in. First thing they did is put an IV in, and I almost passed out LAYING DOWN. I don't do well with needles, so I was expecting it. Once I calmed down, we went through all the normal health history stuff, boring. Got blood drawn, but I didn't get woozy for that one. They bring me to the OR and I get a spinal. I hated the feeling of numbness but still can feel touch and pushing, it is the grossest feeling in the world to me. I actually did really good, they didn't need to give me any "mental" drugs to calm me down. The only time I got really freaked out was when they were pulling him out, there was so much pressure on my lungs and everything else (the Dr. asked me later if I was in pain because of how I reacted to it, lol). It only took 45 minutes, but it sure felt longer. Ezekiel was born at 7:50, weighed 7 lbs 7 oz, and 20 inches long (I had to look that up, because when they told me I was so drugged up that I don't remember).

He's getting so big already. He's a month old, he's trying to hold his head up and does quite well at it. He smiles and giggles, but only when he sleeps. He sleeps more than I remember a baby sleeping, and eats quite well. The other two just love him, they give him hugs and kisses whenever they can. Hazel even decided one day to pick him up without help. He was crying, and I didn't get to him fast enough, and she wanted to help with her little brother. She helps feed him, and gives him his pacifier when he needs it. Zeb is too busy to do all that, but every once in a while he'll help feed him (for a minute, then he goes back to playing). So far, 3 under 4 yrs. old has been a lot of fun, and a lot of work.

0 comments:

Post a Comment