Thursday, March 4, 2010

Toddler/Preschool Games

If you have a preschooler or toddler like I do (ages 2 and 3, now), you know they have no attention span. I try to provide activities throughout the day, but they end up getting bored. I let them find things to do on their own, and they get bored. I let them watch a movie/T.V. show, they get bored.

So I started looking for online games for them, since they are obsessed with touching and playing with the computer anyways. I found kneebouncers.com, it's for toddlers to play with the keyboard. You can play to wake a monkey up, learn colors, abc's, numbers, trucks, fish and more. My son LOVES it (he still only will play for about 5 minutes because he has to be moving all the time, I'm beginning to think he's add, lol).

Another toddler website is avenscorner.com. This one teaches how to use the mouse. We haven't played with this one yet, because I just found it, but I think he will have fun with it for 5 minutes.

For the preschooler, I found zoodles.com. I love, love, love Zoodles. It has it's own internet server, so it eliminates the chance of stumbling onto non-kid sites. You fill out their age, and they pick games from all over the internet that are geared toward that age (I believe the ages they support range from 1 to 8). They have Disney, Nick Jr., PBS, Starfall, etc.. games. Your child would never know that they are learning how to read, math, science, life skills... My 3 year old would play Zoodles all day, if I would let her.

Check them out, and have fun!

2 comments:

Rachel at Zoodles said...

Hi Fuette,

Thanks for the great post and shout-out! We'd never heard of Avens Corner before, so we'll definitely look into adding it to Zoodles for your 2 year old! :D

Keep in touch if you have any additional feedback!

Best,
Rachel

Associate Product Manager at Zoodles

Lo, Alia, Kaitlyn, & Becky said...

cute web sites thanks for sharing!

~Lo

Post a Comment