Monday, August 31, 2009

Some Kids Parents

Am I really that overprotective, or do these people not know how to take care of their kids?  Our neighbors have a 3 year old and a 4 year old, and they have free reign to go anywhere, parents no where to be found.  The 3 year old walked in the middle of the road, to the end of the cul-de-sac to look for his dad.  Where was dad?  On his motorbike (non-street legal, might I add) down the block.  I couldn't tell you where mom was.

Never, never, never would my 3 year old  be outside in our yard without me or her dad right by her, let alone able to walk in the road without us. I know where my kids are ALL the time, especially outside.  They don't understand the concept of a car and that one could kill them, they don't understand the full concept of strangers and that they could be taken by them.  They're too little to understand those realities, that's why we are here as parents.

0 comments:

Post a Comment