Friday, January 9, 2009

The Babies

Ahhhhhhh, my babies are growing up. They are so amazing. They are learning new things everyday. I have quite lengthy conversations with my 2 year old (is she supposed to talk and understand this much?), she sings and learns songs extremely fast. I do believe she has a very musical future in store for her, and I plan on helping her learn as much about it as she can. She my 2 year old comes up with the craziest things. Her new favorite phrase is "That's terrible." Now, I don't really know where she picked that up from, but its funny because everything is terrible. "O my gosh" is another new phrase. I say that all the time, so no questions there.

Yesterday, I sat them down for lunch, and walked away to make a bottle. Here's what I heard, "OK buddy, let's pray. Jesus thank you for food... some unrecognizable words... thank you for mommy and daddy... more unrecognizable words... amen." I'm not really a sappy person or a crier, but that made me almost cry.

The boy is learning all sorts of new stuff, too. He's been walking for a couple months now. He's so proud of himself, too. He walks so cute, like he just got off a horse, and always has to carry something while he walks. The other day he tried to swipe food off his sisters tray, I told him no. He looked at me, shook his head and said "NO" And he's showing more interest in talking real words, now. His vocab. consists of Mama, da, mamama (grandma), papa, poop, and dude (I think he thinks that's his name, we call him that so much).

0 comments:

Post a Comment